Disclaimer

Senior at the University of Northern Iowa

Thursday, April 14, 2016

i tell you hwat

Well, well, well.

I just thought I would take this opportunity of free time that I have to bring all you people who click this link on my Facebook wall up to speed on what is going on in my life. I'm not one to really share my personal details with anyone anymore, except my mother. But I thought, hey, people are going to ask me about it and so I might as well just throw it out here in a blog post.

For starters, I no longer live in a residence hall on campus at UNI. The last weekend in March, I moved off campus and moved into a house with my boyfriend and three other stellar people. Yes, I have only been dating my boyfriend for six months. Everyone's relationships are different and progress at different times. You may feel comfortable waiting until you've been dating a year or longer, but I felt comfortable now. So far, it has been great, and I've grateful for the nerf gun wars that have been happening between Dalton, Devon, Eric, and I. It is very nice to be off campus, even if I have to commute every day. I feel better having my own shower instead of a community shower, sleeping in a bed that isn't six feet off the ground and twin-sized, and having a garage to park my car in. 

With the "moving off campus" topic comes the question: why did I decide to move off campus? While I could think of a million different ways to tell you why I did, I will keep it short and simple. My roommate and I were having many disagreements to the point where we didn't talk much anymore, nor really acknowledge each other's presence when we were in our room. I had the opportunity to move out, and I took it. I do not regret it one bit. I love living where I am living now, and would do it again in a heartbeat. Not to mention I don't have to hear girls screaming after 10 p.m.

Moving on from that awkward topic, I also wanted to let you all know about the great opportunity I have coming up in May. I will be spending the month of May being an intern at the Clayton County Sheriff's Office. Chief Deputy Steve Holst emailed me my tentative schedule today, and it looks like I will be alternating my time between riding with deputies and chilling in the jail and dispatch room. I'm also in for a couple shifts until 4 a.m., so that should prove to be one heck of a time. I am very excited to step into the world of law enforcement, and feel it will be a step in the right direction for my career. During my internship, I will be living at home on the farm. When my internship is completed, I will be moving back to Cedar Falls for the summer and working at Menards (if you didn't already know, I am a cashier). 

As for now, I will be heading to Ames tomorrow to spend the weekend with Tara Follon and Keaton Lane. I will be seeing the musical The Secret Garden on Saturday night, which Keaton is in. I am looking forward to a weekend of catching up and being stupid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment